Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Summer is Knocking Part 2

It's official...the boys are out of school for summer!  Yikes, I better finish this weekly schedule thing before Monday!  I should probably just start tomorrow considering today they were already bored (wow, it's going to be a long summer for us).  Luckily, we go back at the end of July so I'll be able to grocery shop again soon...ha ha!  Although seriously I should have stocked up because going to the grocery with them gives me a splitting headache.  I thought it was bad when they were little, but I had no idea what I was in for later!

Anyway, on to the good stuff:-)  Yes, I did it - the binder of activities is complete.  I created a cover and a spine label so I can easily identify it:



  
To actually follow a schedule I need the activities on hand that the boys have the option of doing.  At first I thought I would have them pick from this binder, but after some more thought I realized it needs to be random.  My oldest could probably take an entire day to decide on an activity...lol!

Here is what the binder looks like on the inside:


At the front is the weekly schedule and behind each tab are the activities we have to choose from.  The first tab is cooking and in that section are ten recipes that the boys are interested in making, the second tab is artist and has ten art projects, and so on.  We have seven weeks of summer so ten in each section will work.  There will be a few extra in case something is a flop or a "re-do".

The boys will not choose directly from this binder, but from a jar.  Each day they will randomly pull an activity out of a jar (the jar labeled for whatever day we are on).

Be on the lookout for the final post about the jars.  I think the boys are really going to enjoy it!  What do you think?  Do your kids like to do games and activities?  Can they agree on what to do? 


No comments: