Here are two of the chairs ~
The chair in the back has its seat off so I could put my own fabric choice on it (I am sure you are so excited to see what color I chose...lol!).
Taking off the old fabric wasn't too difficult. Just pop off the old staples (I used a flat head screwdriver) and the fabric came right off (or pull the fabric out of frustration when a staple is stuck...that works too).
Drum roll please...the big reveal ~ fabric choice is:
I love it!
To cover the seat I put the seat on top of the fabric to make my cut. I wanted to make sure not to cut the fabric too small. You need a good buffer when using a staple gun to attach the fabric. I am pretty safe and always give myself a 3 or 4 inch buffer. Wrap the fabric around the seat and staple into place.
The chair had to be painted (it was just too yellowy for me). I knew a can or two of spray paint would transform this chair into something I could live with (and hopefully love). Rustoleum ~ glossy white was my choice since I went with a colorful fabric.
I wish I could say the next part was easy, but it kinda took forever! I lost count of how many coats...ha ha! It just seemed like each time I went back I found more area that I needed to cover. Two cans of spray paint did the trick though.
Here are a couple before and after pictures:
The chair has a new home in our master bedroom until the rest of the dining set is complete.
This makeover was a ton of fun. I have never spray painted a chair and I love the way it turned out. I know it's absolutely ridiculous for a chair to make me happy, but when I come into this room and see this chair I can't help but smile. Oh the simple things! Now to make each room feel this way...well, we aren't going anywhere anytime soon so I guess I have plenty of time to "do and re-do". I'll keep you posted on the progress of the entire set...we'll see what things I can actually get done since summer is here!