Pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Hallway Part 1

So we have this crazy hallway from our 2 car garage into the house.  Most people have some kind of room they enter, but lucky us we get a hallway!

Here is the space before the first changes:



A very strange space with not much storage!  I really wanted to brighten it up...it was just depressing to walk into!  I spotted some really fun wall decals at HomeGoods and realized they would be perfect in the space.  I also wanted to spruce it up with a different color of paint.

Here are the decals attached to the wall while I figure out how to arrange them.


Don't you just love the colorful patterns?  Before I could get the patterns up I had to paint the hallway.  Now that was a job!   The color I used was Harbor Gray by Benjamin Moore.



In this last picture you can see the color it used to be.  I love the bright open feeling of the new color!  Now on to adding the decals.

Here is how I started:


I had to measure to make sure three squares would fit across with the same amount of space on each side.  This was very tricky, but I used painters tape to help me line up each row.  Luckily the wall decals are removable so if I made a mistake I could move them a bit (of course I didn't make any mistakes...ha ha!).

The end was so much fun!


It is such a narrow hallway it's hard to get a good picture, but I think you can tell it made a huge impact.  I love it!

Here is my list as it stands now:
Paint hallway
Add colorful decals
Mount 2 floating shelves (for added storage)
Add more lighting to hallway (it's very dark in this little niche)
Organize inside of cabinets
Use hooks on opposite wall to hang purses and possibly light jackets
Add art to walls

I have a lot more to do, but it's already looking better.  Have you done anything to a small space lately that made a huge impact?

 


No comments: