Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

Pink Pine Cones

I loved this picture when I spotted it on pinterest. 


Do you ever feel like all you do is pin?  Me too, so to finally finish a project from one of my boards was so much fun.

The pine cones had been sitting outside for about 5 months waiting to be sprayed...lol!  They have finally been sprayed and I love, love, love it!

First I placed the pine cones in a box so I could spray them easily.


As you can see I tested out some colors before deciding.  The process helped me realize how much easier it would be to place them in a box to spray.  It takes a lot of coats to get them thoroughly covered!

Four coats later they looked like this - Still more coats needed!


Six coats later:


I felt like they needed a bit more since you can still see some brown.  So I sprayed yet again!  After each coat I waited at least 30 minutes.

Finally they looked fabulous!


The pink is so much fun!  I love this simple addition to the living room and you can't beat the price!

  

 Thank you pinterest!  Have you finished any pinterest projects lately?

No comments: