Pages

Monday, November 12, 2012

Hallway Happiness

About 3 months ago I blogged about our hallway which leads in from our 2 car garage.  You can read about it here.  It's really tight and was not my favorite place so I decided to make some changes!

After the painting and putting up decals, it was on to adding shelving an extra light (since it felt like a dungeon in the hallway...very sad).

I went with white shelves from Ikea.  They are Ekby Hemnes and are very simple, but light and bright.


I held the shelves up and hubby marked exactly where I wanted them.  He measured, then measured again, used the handy dandy drill and walla the shelves were up:-)

I didn't take a picture before I started putting stuff on them (I guess I got a little too excited!).
I. Love. It.  Now it makes me smile:-)


Remember how it used to be?  What a huge difference!


I love the new light too.  Also an Ikea find;-)  It's the Minnen pendant lamp and the price...only $24.99...score!


Our hallway is not very wide so this light works extremely well.  For this installation we had to call in the professionals since there wasn't already a light hanging from the spot I wanted this beauty.  But I love it so much it was well worth it!


It's really difficult to get a good shot in our hallway so I took a few;-)


The hallway is almost done!  Here is an updated list (I should probably do this for every project!):

Paint hallway
Add colorful decals
Mount 2 floating shelves (for added storage)
Add more lighting to hallway (it's very dark in this little niche)
Organize inside of cabinets
Use hooks on opposite wall to hang purses and possibly light jackets
Add art to walls (One wall is done, but not the other side)

I love that I have extra storage space for organizing!  Isn't it a much happier space?:-)

No comments: