Pages

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Ribbon Wreath

All the amazing wreaths I kept seeing on Pinterest had my head spinning...which one to make?  I decided on the coffee filter wreath.  It couldn't be that hard right?  Yes...a complete pain!  It was a no go along with the marshmallow wreath I tried...boo hoo...what to do?

Here is what I came up with!


After making the first one I wasn't sure I could do it again, but I was putting them on kitchen cabinets so I needed a matching one on the other side...oh boy!

It started with some playing around after my first two attempts failed.  I started wrapping the ribbon and realized I really liked it.



Once it was wrapped I hot glued the back and it held nicely.  Next I placed the command hook on the interior of the cabinet door (of course this little amazing trick came from pinterest too) and attached the second ribbon.



I tied the blue and green ribbon around the wreath to hang it from the door.


Once it was hung, I made two bows from the same blue and green ribbon and attached them to the wreath using a hot glue gun.


The final step was to attach the word "peace" to the center with more ribbon (it is just tied to the back of the wreath).


The other wreath says "hope".  I placed them in the kitchen on two of the cabinets.


So cool!  I made my own wreaths (yes, that is very exciting to me...weird I know...lol!)!  What do you think?  Kinda whimsical, but I love how colorful they turned out!  Has anyone made their own wreath this holiday season?

No comments: