Pages

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Hallway Hooks

Last time I shared details about the hallway it was about adding shelving.  Now that it's been almost 3 months (yikes!), and I have finally mounted my hooks to the wall.  Getting out the drill to hang them wasn't the easiest thing in the world for me.

Afraid of the drill anyone?  I know it's crazy, but I always ask hubby to do any kind of drilling around here. Seriously, I am afraid of making a mistake...go figure!  Not this time...determination set in and I got to work.

Really I was afraid of this?


I think I am more afraid of  not getting things level, but some painters tape and a level work wonders!

 

It's difficult to hold a long level and take a picture at the same time!  I used the level to make sure my second one would be perfectly even with the first.  Oh and notice I had to use drywall anchors with the screws since I wasn't drilling into a stud.


It may not look even, but I promise it is.  Check it out!


Now I don't have to hang my purse on the cabinet...yippee.  It's going to take some time getting used to...this week I have found myself looking for my purse more than once!  Don't you love it when lists look like this?

Paint hallway
Add colorful decals
Mount 2 floating shelves (for added storage)
Add more lighting to hallway (it's very dark in this little niche)
Organize inside of cabinets
Use hooks on opposite wall to hang purses and possibly light jackets
Add art to walls (One wall is done, but not the other side)


No comments: