Pages

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Master Bathroom Progress

I have neglected our master bathroom for about...8 years!  As of two weeks ago it was still the builders paint color!  Oh my!  The thought of painting a bathroom is just. not. fun.  Tight space and lots of edging doesn't make it easy to start or finish.

Funniest part is that I have had the paint for well over a year (o.k...I guess that really isn't funny)!  Hubby took out the paint about 2 weeks ago and did all of the rolling...Awesome!!  Weeks later I was still looking at the edging that needed to be done (this was my job) and realized I can't move forward on anything else  until I get this job done! 

I can't say I got it all done, but I did finish the smallest of the rooms and even put a shelf above the toilet!

It would have been nice to take a before picture, but I am not sure where my brain was before we started all of this work!  The baseboards are the same color the walls used to be.


I love how it turned out!  We'll see how long the shelf stays styled the same..things move around all over our house.


The box on top of the toilet holds toilet wipes.  Until I find the right size basket this will have to do.  The lid just lifts up so it's super easy for the boys (since they love to use every toilet in our house!).

The shelf cost less than $10 at Home Depot.  In the organizing section you can get any size board you want and pick out the brackets.


The shelf adds a fun touch to an otherwise pretty boring space.  Wish I had a before picture, but you'll just have to trust me when I say it looks a million times better!  


I think a nice window panel would be another fun touch, but first I have to finish edging the rest of the master bathroom...which is about 5 times the size of this miniature space!  Maybe this will help push me past the finish line!  Anything you've been putting off forever for 8 years? 

No comments: