Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

DIY Drawer Divider

I saw this idea on pinterest and decided to give it a try since the boys are on spring break. Spring Break means no huge projects for me - at least none that involve any kind of trip to the store...lol!

One of the drawers in my bathroom was a hot mess...time to take action.


For such a tiny drawer there sure was a lot of stuff junk in there!


First step, ignore the mess and start making a diy drawer divider...lol!  Honestly I did ignore the mess because I thought it might be kinda fun to try this solution out.  No trip to the store just some digging around the house to use things I already had.  The drawer would now be only for my curling iron and straightener.  

 
I found the perfect box and got to work.



I just used some scrapbook paper, cutter and tape to fill in the cereal box.  Next, the same paper went into the drawer along with the container.



The curling irons went in and it looked tons better! 


Guess what I used the other side of the box for?  You guessed it more storage...lol!  I really did sort everything out and crazy thing is most of it was just garbage!  Some things just needed to be put in their home...like the bandage wrap (what in the world was it doing in that drawer anyway?).  And cards in the bathroom...really!?


I can't say I loved this project...boo hoo!  I'd rather go find some other cheap storage solution.  It just didn't turn out exactly as I'd hoped, but I am much happier opening this drawer now!!!




No comments: