Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Hiding an Ugly Phone Jack

I have been looking at an ugly phone jack in my kitchen since we moved into our house over 8 years ago!  About 4 years ago we tiled the back splash and for some reason I didn't have them cover it when they tiled (that would have been a good idea!).  I still had a phone plugged in there so I guess it just slipped my mind.

So in the corner of my kitchen I had a horribly ugly phone jack and wires etc. for the phone.  Wish I had a picture of how lovely it looked...lol!   Here are some shots without all of the phone business...still very yucky and extremely difficult to hide. 



 I decided it was time to take some drastic measures...finally!



The cover had to come off the wall (simply done with a screwdriver).  Next step...cover it up somehow.  A command hook to hold a picture...yes!


The command hook went into place and then the magic happened.  I found a perfect picture and some fun accessories (all of these were already in my house...free happiness!).  No more ugliness in this corner of the kitchen...yippee!



I love not looking at the ugly phone jack anymore.  As you can see I moved the phone (which I can't believe I hadn't done sooner!)  Oh well, at least it's done now!


No comments: