Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Hall Closet: Mission Organize

It all started with Pinterest...yes...just like any project does!  No more just looking at lovely pictures, it was time to get down to business (especially since I ran out of paint and any errand with the boys home entails tons and tons of whining...not in the mood!).

My inspiration from Better Homes and Gardens:


Don't we all wish we had color coordinated blankets, sheets, towels? Lol!

Please don't judge the before picture...it's quite scary, but real.


Can you believe how much stuff junk is crammed into this space??!!  It's pretty awful when you go to take out a blanket and things fall on your head.

Everything had to come out!!



Ahhh...a blank canvas.  Unfortunately I didn't have any fun paint on hand or I probably would have painted inside (I've been wanting to do that!).  Since I didn't want to procrastinate anymore I found some cool shelf liner to brighten it up with.


I just rolled it out to get my measurement.  I used the "fold the end down to see where to cut" method..lol!.  I also had to cut the width a little so I could fold the liner under the shelf.


Once it was in I just used the straight edge to cut any uneven areas.



I kept a slight edge and folded it under the shelf to finish it off.  You can see this in the finished picture.

 
Fun right?  To be honest I wasn't thinking that as I was lining the shelves, but it's cool now that it's done!  Finally onto the organized part.


Wow it looks so clean!

All the white containers are from the Dollar Tree and the basket and plastic containers I already had.  The plastic containers are from Target and were in the laundry room taking up space.  They have a new home now. 


I had to make labels - one of my favorite things to do...crazy girl that I am!  They turned out awesome...I can't stop opening the closet...



The best part about this organizing mission:  Two huge garbage bags full of stuff we don't use went off to Goodwill...pure joy to get rid of it!

As for the labels, I just used windows publisher and my handy dandy laminator to create them.  They are attached with colorful ribbon.



Love the new organized closet!


No comments: