Pages

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Simple Painted Frame

It started with a wood frame.  I love wood, but there is just too much of it everywhere in my house.  Just because I have moved away from rustic colors doesn't mean I want to have to get rid of everything I already have.  Take a look at this frame:


Nice frame, but I really wanted to freshen it up.  Plus, little guy is now 8 so it's probably time to change out this photo!

I took the picture out and the back off and got to work.


One coat of Kilz primer and about 4 coats of Gloss White.  Make sure to leave plenty of time between each coat of paint...even if you are impatient like me.

I love the way it turned out.


I put some leftover fabric from my curtain project in the frame and it's so bright and colorful.  You can still see the old wallpaper in the background (I really want to get to that project soon, but I am having a difficult time choosing new wallpaper!).  Oh well, that's for another post...lol!

This was a simple, fun way to brighten up an old frame.  Any one else still spray painting?  I slowed down, but this may have got me going again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello! My name is Katy and I am the social media coordinator for KILZ brand products. Great job with the frame update! We are happy to hear that our primer helped you and we would love for you to share your experience with our products by writing a review. Simply click on this link, select the product used and write/submit a review: http://bit.ly/WpAXp6

We appreciate the feedback! If you ever have any questions on our products or on your next painting project, please contact us directly at ask@kilz.com. Thanks!