Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2013

DIY Headboard Take Two!

It's been over a year since I made my headboard so I guess it doesn't surprise me that even though my painting isn't done I found myself re-doing a perfectly good headboard!

You can see how the headboard was created and the original fabric in this post.

For those who don't want to read the old post here is a quick reminder:


Funny thing in this picture you can't see the curtains, but they are also mainly white with a little black.  There just wasn't enough contrast.  So today I pulled out some fabric I have had in mind...although I think I have had lots of others in mind at any given point!

I just pulled the bed out and rested the headboard on it to put the new fabric on.  Pretty simple...only thing I had to be careful with was getting the pattern straight.



You can see I just stapled around the back.

And a brand new look in less than 30 minutes!!



Love how it turned out!  Such a bigger impact in the room and the white bedding along with the curtains still keep the room bright.  Next step is to figure out what to do above the bed (it's only been over a year)!  What do you think?  Better pop or should I have stayed with the white?

No comments: