Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

No Sew Curtain Panels

After seeing this done on pinterest I wanted to give it a shot!  I only needed to make three panels...couldn't be that hard right?  Well, I definitely do not want to touch hem tape for a very long time!!  I think actually sewing these may have been easier...if I new how to sew that is...lol!!

So here is what we started with:


This is before I started changing colors (although you can see the side tables that started this crazy change!).


Big difference right (like how the screen is falling off outside...too hot to fix it right now)?!  Now the fun part, how to do this little time consuming project.

Start with your hem tape and fabric...


And of course you need an iron and ironing board...and start ironing according to the directions on your hem tape package.


It's funny trying to take a picture of yourself doing something...lol!  I don't really iron with my left hand!  Anyway, pretty simple right?  Yes, but I had to do both sides of my panels and top and bottom...yikes!

The hem tape worked really well though.


At the corners I just overlapped and the tape held perfectly.


I didn't hem the bottom until the curtains were actually hanging from the rod.  This way I wouldn't mess up on measurements!  I just cut while they were hanging and I left them up while I did the final hem on the bottom.



I really like how they turned out, but I am relieved I decided to go curtainless in the family room...ha ha!!

Much brighter and tons of happiness in this room...love. it.



I switched the dining room tables around (that is why you see the brown one in here), but that's another story for another day.  Things move around here constantly!  Hopefully I'll stay in love with these panels because I really don't want to change them out anytime soon...lol!

Anyone tackle curtains recently?  Did you like the final product?  I think I would have cried if I hadn't liked it!

No comments: