Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Painting Break!

It's official...I am sick of painting!  The huge entertainment niche is going to be the death of me...lol!  I have been trying to finish the family room.  The new couch came last week (see it here) and I starting painted so it would have a nice fresh home.  Well, it's not even done yet and I am exhausted.  The last two days have taken a toll.  I hated our entertainment built in (not much we can do about it now) before I started painting and now I hate it even more!

Take a peek...


More yellow and brown"ish" that have to go.  Don't you love our giant old t.v.?  Can't believe it still works great after 11 years.  It's staying until we save enough to splurge on a new one.

Anyway, back to the painting.  I ran out of paint and haven't even finished...yikes!  So you get a sneak peek of what it's going to look like.



Because the color on the back of each section is so dark I had to apply a double coat of paint...maybe this is why I ran out!  It stinks to run out, but I had to go pick up the boys from school anyway and I was starting to get a little sloppy (which is a big problem...lol).

Maybe I can get a cool little project in before I tackle more painting...or maybe I should just be a big girl and finish this crazy thing! 

No comments: