Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

White Giraffe

Everything is changing around here...even my favorite giraffe(s).


To work with the new color scheme they are going to have to be painted white.  I started with one coat of Kilz primer and then began spray painting with white.

I noticed after 4 coats (yes...4!!) that it just wasn't going to cover.  The paint was just getting sucked into the wood.  I probably should have guessed this would happen...right?!



You can see it in the second picture...still after 4 coats it wasn't looking right.  I love these giraffes so I had to take some serious action...ha!

Out came the Zinsser primer and I got started on one coat using a brush.  I could tell right away it was going to work much better!  After completing one coat of Zinsser primer I let the giraffes dry overnight (waiting is so difficult!).  Once they were dry I did one more spray paint coat and it worked like a charm!



They look so nice in the newly painted family room!!  So relieved I was able to make them work with the new colors...there are just some things I don't want to replace.



So different, but I really like the white!

No comments: