Pages

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Spray Painted Side Table

Halloween is over!  I spent an entire week looking for zombie costume parts for Eric and I...yikes!  We had a Zombie Prom to attend last weekend and I feel like it took up WAY too much of my time!


And I couldn't even look at my husband the entire time he had his homemade mask on...lol!  The boys had fun trick or treating, but I think they are having more fun eating their candy!




OK...now on to the fun table!

I've had this table for some time now, but keep moving it all over the house. 


I can't decide if I just don't like it, if it's too big, or if it's the color that's throwing me off.  So before trying to sell it on Craigslist I decided to give some spray paint a try.  Krylon Smoke Gray Dual Paint and Primer was my choice.


It only took 2 full coats and a 3rd coat that was a touch up coat (basically any spots I could find that I didn't like or I thought needed a bit more paint).  After the first coat you can still see the original color underneath which is what you want.


Wait about 20-25 minutes between coats and after the final touch up coat let the table sit for 24 hours before placing anything on it.  This will ensure that it is dry...there is nothing worse than rushing paint!

I like it a million times better!!

 
 The gray matches nicely in the living room.




Now maybe I'll be able to live with this table!  Only time will tell, but for now the spray paint has given it new life. 



No comments: